Osteopathy is based on the knowledge that the body possess unlimited self-regulatory mechanisms and the inherent capacity to heal itself. By extensive palpation the osteopath can detect blockages and dysfunctions of the body and release them through a pain-free and sensitive therapy. Due to its gentle techniques osteopathy is especially suitable for children. Andrew Taylor Still M.D. (1828 – 1917), an American general practitioner of traditional medicine had to watch powerlessly when his wife and four children died from infectious diseases. Searching for an alternative approach of health and illness and what medicine should be, he discovered the holistic interaction of bones, muscles, tendons, fascia, organs, vessels and the flow of blood. Even today Dr. Stills findings are the foundation of osteopathic medicine.
- Parietal osteopathy is applied to mobilise and correct the spinal column, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia.
- Visceral osteopathy is applied to mobilise and correct internal organs s.a. heart, lungs, intestines, liver, gallbladder, stomach, kidneys, bladder.
- Cranial osteopathy is responsable for the mobilisation and correction of the neural and craniofacial bone as well as the dysfunction of some pelvic sections and the central nervous system.
Osteopathy is a holistic, health-promoting therapeutic treatment
Osteopathy can be applied for:
- Musculoskeletal problems
- Degenerative and inflammatory troubles as well as pain due to former injuries of the spinal column, bones, joints, muscles, tension, pain, malposition.
- Headaches, migraines, dizziness, tinnitus, sinusitis, inflammation of the middle ear, trouble of the jaw joints, malformation and grinding of the teeth.
- Internal organs.
- Digestive problems, heartburn, hernia, post-operative adhesions, heart problems.
- Urogenital area
- Uterine and bladder prolapse, chronich inflammations, incontinence, menstrual problems, pre- and post-natal preparations.
- Allergies and systemic disorders
- Hay fever, asthma, rheumatic diseases, Morbus Bechterew.
- Pediatrics and infant treatment
- Congenital and traumatic birth problems s.a. cranial and facial asymmetries, torticollis, hip dysplasia, scoliosis, KISS-syndrom, excessive crying and vomiting, three-months-colics, sleep disorders, learning and concentration disorders, ADD and ADHD, hypo- and hyperactivity, motor and orthopedic problems